like us

Ottensen und Winterhude set up domain correctly

Sunday 12 August 2012

Bol Bachchan puts Abhishek Bachchan in a different league

t surely was one of the toughest roles in his career, but Abhishek Bachchan managed to pull it off well. No wonder Bol Bachchan has put the actor in a different league now. And with the film doing `100cr business, AB Jr has entered the coveted club... 

So you've joined the `100 crore club...
I'm a bit lost for words. This whole `100cr thing used to be the Silver Jubilee earlier. It's like a milestone. I'm just so happy and thankful that the audience have loved the film. Making it to the `100cr mark is testimony to the fact that people have enjoyed the film. The entire credit goes to Rohit Shetty and Ajay Devgn. I want to thank them first, for giving me Bol Bachchan, and then for supporting me through the film.

Where do you see yourself in this rat race?
I don't think any actor believes in this whole rat race business. It's a race when everyone's competing at one level, like say a 100-metre race where it's the same for everyone. But here, we are doing our individual films. If I was a part of Bol Bachchan, another actor is a part of some other film. How do you compare? It wouldn't be fair. I can't have that mindset; I have to be bothered about what I am doing or else I won't be concentrating fully on it. For me, it's always about how I can get better with every film.

You've had a series of hit films, then a low and now a big high again. How would you describe the journey? 
It's been a great one.

What about Friday jitters when you have a film release? 
It's very difficult. After a year of hardwork, blood and sweat by a team close to 500 people, that worked tirelessly, Friday is judgement day. There's excitement and nerves... it's fun.

You've got Dhoom 3 and Dostana 2, two very different kind of films...
Currently I'm shooting for Dhoom 3 and that's the only film I'm totally concentrating on.

We hear of filmmakers planning projects for you.
Yes, it's very nice to see renewed confidence in my work. It's a great feeling and I am looking forward to doing some good films.
Bol Bachchan puts Abhishek Bachchan in a different league
Action and comedy have both become your forte. Personally, what do you like better? 
It's tough to choose between the two. I enjoy all of it. I like the variety that our films offer.

Any of your movies that's your favourite? 
Each and every one of them. If it wasn't my favourite at that point, I wouldn't have done it.

Films apart, you are a sports lover too. We hear that you caught Bolt's 100m win at the London Olympics?
I was very close to the track and had the best view... it was an unbelievable experience! The highlight in London for me was to see the Indian flag high up in the Olympics stadium amidst the flags of other countries.

You're going to be abroad for three months now. So, you'll be missing family and little Aaradhya...

No comments:

Post a Comment