like us

Ottensen und Winterhude set up domain correctly

Monday 25 June 2012

Britain: Indian TV actress faces racial abuse on Twitter


London: British actress of Indian origin Shobna Gulati has said she was forced to quit microblogging site Twitter after suffering a stream of racist abuse.

The 45-year-old 'Coronation Street' star's pictures were mutilated by the netizens, who posted them online with sick comments, reported Sun online.

"You're not British, you're foreign," one user wrote.

While, another tweeted, "I'll always be here to bother you." Gulati, who plays Sunita in the ITV1 soap, said, "Being racially abused on Twitter really shook me up. It felt like going back in time to the 1970s.

"It put me in mind of a psycho — like a horror movie. I just decided enough was enough. I tried to ignore it but it started to affect my confidence. Violent, vitriolic hatred gives people their moment in the spotlight. It beggars belief."

Born in Oldham to Indian parents, Gulati spoke out after Towie star Lauren Goodger was targeted by evil Internet trolls over her weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment