like us

Ottensen und Winterhude set up domain correctly

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Kainaz: I was getting films with sex & horror tone




Kainaz Motivala, who was a part of films like WAKE UP SID, PAATHSHAALA, RAGINI MMS, was recently seen in CHALLO DRIVER. A small film, it released rather abruptly and one wonders what made Kainaz choose a film like this.

"Well, for me it was the content of the film that was very different which made all the difference," she says, "After RAGINI MMS, I was looking at doing something different. The trouble was that I was getting similar parts to play that had a tone of sex and horror to them. I pulled myself away from such films since I didn't want to get typecast. If I would have done one more film of that genre, I would have been permanently stuck. This isn't something that I wanted and hence opted for CHALLO DRIVER since it was a totally different film."

download KAINAZ MOTIVALA wallpapers
download KAINAZ MOTIVALA wallpapers

This also meant that after working with a banner like Balaji Films, she was not finding herself being associated with a newly launched production house.

"Frankly, I didn't think about it much. CHALLO DRIVER is a comedy and a complete family film, something that is totally opposite to the kind of target audience that RAGINI MMS had. Moreover, the icing on the cake is that as a female chauffer in the film, I was getting to drive an Audi," she chuckles mischievously.

Though the film hasn't really opened to favourable reviews and its release has been fairly patchy as well, what with limited shows in select multiplexes of the country, Kainaz is happy with the overall experience.

"It was a very pure film and though it dealt with the issue of so many out there in the society being sexists, it wasn't preachy at all. That's something that appealed to me," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment